Invest in the St. Luke School community and help provide student scholarships by simply contributing to GOAL in exchange for a 100% Georgia income tax credit! Here’s how it works: you designate a portion of your state income tax liability for St. Luke School, and the school is able to use those funds for student scholarships. All scholarships are based on financial need, and families must apply for them through the school’s financial aid application process. GOAL funds are used as the source for students who qualify for financial aid, and who meet the eligibility requirements for this program as established by the state legislature.
This program is extremely popular. The 2014 cap on Education Expense tax credits was met on January 22. In 2015, 2016, and 2017, there were so many applicants that the cap was met on January 1. GOAL begins accepting pre-approval applications each summer for the following calendar year. There is a cap of $58 million available for qualified education expense tax credits statewide.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability