All rising fifth graders are required to read two books. All students will read No Talking by Andrew Clements and complete and submit the Google form HERE. In addition, students will choose a book from the list below, and complete and submit the Google form found HERE. All submissions need to be prior to Monday, August 9th.
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Old Yeller by Fred Gipson
Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
One and Only Ivan by K.A. Applegate
Ungifted by Gordon Korman
Wish by Barbara O’Connor
The Boy Who Saved Baseball by John Ritter
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Echo by Pam Munoz
Counting by 7’s by Regan McMahon
Trapped in a Video Game by Dustin Brady
The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Summer Math Assignment
In preparation for another successful start to a new school year, your child is expected to review 4th grade essential math skills by completing all lessons assigned to him/her in MobyMax.
Our goal is that each student has mastered the skills that we deem essential at the completion of their present year in school. Therefore, the lessons assigned are a review and a way for students to show what they have mastered. We encourage your child to work each problem with great effort. If your child finds an essential skill difficult, please consider extra instruction this summer and working more problems pertaining to the skill.
Please have your child complete the MobyMax lessons showing work, when necessary for each lesson assigned in a subject folder (no calculators). A score of 80% or higher must be earned to complete each lesson and then move on to the next lesson assigned.
MobyMax Summer Math Assignment Information:
- Students will login with their same username and password that they used during the school year. Contact Mr. Allen Webb at email@example.com if login assistance is needed.
- Specific lessons are assigned to all students.
- Students receive instant feedback with each lesson.
- Videos and hints are available to help with instruction.
- Parents can review their child’s progress by signing-in as a parent using their child’s username and password.
- Teachers are able to view the progress made and when a student completes a lesson.
- If a student scores below 80% on a lesson, they will automatically be assigned a similar lesson. Once 80% or higher has been earned the next lesson will be available for working.
- All students will earn a math grade based on his/her completion of the MobyMax lessons.
- Due to different learning styles, the amount of time that will be required per student may vary. We highly recommend students set aside time each week to work through these skills.
- It is expected that each student will complete all lessons as his/her summer assignment by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, August 8th.
- Scratch work folders (any style) should be turned in on the first day of school.
- Please click HERE for Moby Max directions.